Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The New Billy Madison

OK so maybe I don't have to go all the way back to kindergarten like Billy...but this 26 year old girl is headed back to school to get her masters. I've ordered my books, met the 12 awesome people in my cohort, started my assitantship, gotten my FAFSA together...and there is only one thing left:

SCHOOL SUPPLIES.

I have officially been out of college for over 4 years now and I have no idea what school supplies to get. Do I go with a trapper keeper (Lisa Frank of course) like I did in my earlier years?

Or, do I get a big notebook for each of my classes with folders to put extra hand-outs in? Or, get a 3-ring binder for each class??

Am I going to be "old school" if I write out my notes? I mean I am the oldest in my program...and I don't want to be out of style! So, does that mean I need to bring my laptop with me to type out all my notes? Will that be to distracting?

And as far as what to carry my books in...do grad students use book bags or over the shoulder bags? I have a cute bag to carry my stuff in, but I am afraid it is too small. If I do carry my book bag (which is a really cool purple one btw) how do I carry it? Is it OK to do the one shoulder thing as I carry it and wear it down by my butt (haha jk, remember when that was the ONLY way to wear your book bag)?

Do people still use pencil boxes? I'm pretty sure I still my old hello kitty one laying around somewhere...complete with a pencil sharper on the side (oh snap!).


Seriously, ya'll, I need your help! Any of you who are in school, let me know!

And, in case you are wondering...the first day of school outfit is SO already picked out!

3 comments:

  1. So Tay, I'm catching up on your blog and reading this makes me feel less crazy because I went through ALL of this last weekend before my classes started. I stood and stared at school supplies in Target for awhile wondering, "What do grad students take to class?" After I decided on my laptop, my first professor announced no laptops in her class. So I bought a simple, sort of lame notebook :)
    Hope you're well and classes are going well!
    Love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If u want the hello Kitty pencil box how much dose it cost

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are now used on everything from cars to clothes.
    Picking those kinds of flower Hawaiian tattoos means that there is a very real chance that it won't look even half as good inked on your skin as it looked on the sheet f paper you printed it on. And although we may not be able to draw one ourselves, we know immediately when one doesn't look right.

    ll find a whole bunch of high quality skull tattoos
    and all sorts of tribal and skull rose tattoo designs,
    you can also search tattoo parlours and find trusted tattoo artists and studios in your local area.

    We cover ourselves with everything from cute little butterflies to massive works of art.
    One of the coolest things about having a tattoo is that you are more than likely the only person to have that particular tattoo.


    my webpage; miami ink tatto designs

    ReplyDelete