Monday, April 16, 2012

Babies in the Burg

Well ladies and gents, a new chapter in my life has begun. I threw my first baby shower...not for one mom, or even two, but three!! That's right three moms at one time. Our small group has 9 young couples...and three happened to be due right around the same time. Sarah was due in April, Beth in May, and Kristin is due in June. All 3 boys :)

The funny thing is, we thought we were going to be celebrating the future births of these three little boys...but Beth went into labor 10-weeks early and had Micah a few days before the shower. After she was rushed to Winchester in a helicopter, Micah was born at 3 pounds and 3 ounces. Although still in the hospital, Micah is doing amazingly well! There whole birth story is full of God's favor and strength.

Anyway, our evening was fun and full of great fellowship, food and prayer.


Kate and Corri, maybe they will be start the next wave of pregnancies?

Instead of giving individual gifts, we decided to have a time of blessing. Each of us brought a bead that represented a prayer, word of encouragement, scripture, etc. for each of the moms. We presented the beads to them and then they were able to create a necklace of blessing for them to have in the hospital room, baby room, etc. It was a special night!

Sara (left) and Kristin (right) making their necklaces

Beth looking great few days after giving birth!

Sara (left) just had Maddox last week, Beth's Micah is up to 4 pounds now and we are still waiting for Kristin's son!

all the small group ladies, such a blessing in my life!

Micah's diaper and hat...so tiny!

Beth said this diaper was even big on him! That is my drink coaster beside it to give you some perspective.

Overall, I had a great time hosting the shower. I do not know if I am quite ready to go from planning bachelorettes to baby showers...but it sure was a meaningful and special night. I am grateful for these women who go before me as mothers who will one day be able to give me wise advice and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment