Saturday, April 28, 2012

Hunger Games @ Midnight

Yes, I am VERY behind on my posts.  But, now that exams are almost over...I can finally take the time to update everyone on all the the Logans have been having when we are not doing work, staying at work late, or recovering from our crazy weeks.

Anyway, last month a lot of friends from my cohort got together to see the midnight premiere of THE HUNGER GAMES.  I am pretty sure we had been talking about doing this since we first met.  It had been on my calendar for months and my tickets were ordered weeks ahead of time.

We began our evening at El Charo's for a late night dinner, a strategy for us to be able to stay up late! 

Then we headed to the theater about 2 hours early and found great seats!  But then we had to find ways to kill time...
 So, we took pictures, played games, people watched, said hello to all the JMU students we knew there (it was a huge JMU party!), and just hung out...


 an awkward photo with Craig's head


Then the movie began, and it did not disappoint!  I really thought they did a wonderful job with the characters, script, details, etc.  My only problem:  I did not breathe the entire movie.  I was so full of anticipation and excitement, I don't think I caught my breath until the credits started rolling.

I had a great time going to see the movie with all these greats friends, but I definitely regretted scheduling an early training I had to lead the next morning!  Oh well, sometimes you just have to do fun things and not worry about it...

p.s. I have already gone back to see the movie again with my friend Kate.  It was just as good, and I could actually sit back and enjoy this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment