Friday, July 27, 2012

Lisa + Brandon Part 2

So we survived the Storm and were ready to go for the BIG DAY!  We woke up and immediately put on our monogrammed oxford polos to get ready in...would you expect anything else from the one and only Lisa Talley?!  We then had an amazing time together eating breakfast and praying for Lisa and Brandon...what a sweet thing to do the morning before you are wed :)


Of course we had to end our prayer session with a "team bride" huddle...let the festivities begin!


If you know me at all, you know that when 2:00 pm rolls around...I NEED a diet coke.  When I say need...I mean my body cannot go on without it.  I usually bring some with me when I travel, but this time I forgot to do so.  When that time was approaching, I asked the wedding director if she knew were I could find one.  She didn't.  Around 2:30 I was feeling crazy and talking about how I needed it with my friend Amanda, another DC (and dawson's creek!) fan, I guess the wedding director over heard me.  Soon I was wondering if I could quickly run to a 711 before the pictures began...next thing I know the wedding director hands me a ICE COLD DIET COKE IN A CAN (because we all know the can is way better than the bottle) and SAVED MY LIFE.  She said she knew I needed it and ran to her parents house (which was close by) to grab it for me.  That my friends, is the kind of service you want for a wedding day!  Anyway, I was pretty pumped...


After my DC it was time for pics and all that fun stuff...


Lisa looked unbelievable!  Love that glow...(btw some of these pics are taken by her good friend, Leslie)


When we discovered that my dress was starting to split on my left side...then we taped it.  Yes, taped it.  More on that later. 


After pics, it was time to jump on the trolley with the guys and head to the wedding ceremony!  I was lucky enough to ride by the groom!!!







The ceremony was beautiful and completely spoke to Lisa and Brandon's love for others, each other, and especially the Lord.  I realized I like Catholic Weddings not only for their beautiful rituals, but also the bridal party gets to sit down :) Next, back on the trolley and off to Stevenson Ridge for the ceremony...


Check out a few of the details....






Yes, that is the groom's cake and yes that is Wilson Hall (JMU building) and yes that is a golden retriever.  And finally, yes, the same person that made this cake also made it for the Pope when he came to visit the US.






While waiting downstairs to get introduced, DUKE DOG himself made an appearance.  Of course Lisa and Brandon could not get married without him!!  I was excited to see him and hoping he did not see this picture of me taking "road dog" up for the wedding...





After all the introductions...here he comes!  Along with the JMU fight song and lots of cheering JMU alum!




Love Lisa's yellow cardigan as Brandon and her share their first dance together.  Sweet moment to say the least.







The classic JMU picture...it was a debate on whether I should be in or not..then the Bride told me to get in...so I listened to her!

Duke Dog needed some company during dinner, so we invited him to eat with us.  I decided it would be fun to sit on his lap like santa.  I asked him for another Appalachian State championship and he was NOT excited about that. I, as you can tell, thought it was hilarious.  The rest of the night he kept on giving me fun gestures and ignoring me on the dance floor, it was hilarious.  





I still managed to dance with him though...



Love this pic of the 4 of us...notice the rip getting bigger.


Macfie and her boo, James




The tape didn't work out.  We could not sew it because the dress is silk.  We just let it go...

Time to cut the cake...after their siblings made 2 of the best and sweetest toasts I have ever heard!  



I got to meet Molly, Lisa's friend and Stacey's old Portland roommate!

At our wedding, Brandon has a photo op with my grandma becky (wish I had pics to share), so we decided it was only fair for Luke to have the same opportunity with his grandma eickel:



 my very own groom

As you can tell, this wedding was a blast and the perfect way to send Lisa and Brandon out on their honeymoon and new life together.  They are fun, genuine, selfless, joyful...and their wedding matched that perfectly.  For more pics of the big day (and more of Lisa's beautiful details) check out their photographer's blog:  http://katelynjamesblog.com/lemons-and-limes-wedding-theme/

Can't wait to visit Lisa and Brandon EICKEL soon!

1 comment:

  1. loooove the recap! and love that we got to know each other a little better that weekend :)

    ReplyDelete