Sunday, July 8, 2012

Colonial Williamsburg + More Celebrations

I feel like all I do is write about things I do on the weekends.  What happened to my funny stories and life experiences...I am beginning to think now that I have instrgram (big life change # 1000 that has happened in our lives the past 2 months) I may not need to blog.  I can simply upload a fun pic of my happenings.

Well, until I officially decided to stop I guess I will continue to share about Luke and I's Williamsburg adventure.  After we left the zoo we headed to the colonial district and ate an amazing meal at an open-air restaurant close to William and Mary.  We shared 3 seafood appetizers, great cocktails, and even better conversation.  It had been awhile since Luke and I had some good alone time together away from the burg!

Sunday we adventured back to the Colonial District because Luke had never been there before!  Check out our fun pics:



Luke made me curtsy for some reason





We watched these ladies shear that goat for a real long time.  It was fascinating, even in 100+ degree temps!  


Trying to get friendly with horses again...one bad experience at girl scout camp 15 years ago...



 Taking a pic with the brick maker=made Luke's day

After exploring the colonial side of Williamsburg, we went to a few shops around campus.  Lucky for Luke, they had a car show as well.  We found some shade, a good cheese shop, and a bench to grab a quick picnic and look the cars.  Well, Luke looked at the cars...lets be honest...I was people watching.  



Around 3:00 it was time to head to the park for the whole reason we were in Williamsburg in the first place...to celebrate Jess and Clay!!  One of the first nights I met Jess, 3.5 years ago, she told me about Clay.  She shared about how great of a friend he was...and how she just thought the world of him.  The problem was, she didn't know she could love, love him...hmm sound familiar?  And 3 1/2 years later...they are getting married!!  They have been dating since Feb and she knew he was the one as soon as they reconnected.  Not only do I like him because he lives in NC (on YL property staff at Carolina Point), but also because he loves the Lord and treats Jess like she is a princess. I could not be more excited for these two!

It was a surprise engagement party...



best picture ever..



Clay meets and joins all the Big Love men!  We have some winners :)

Another great part of this weekend was getting to see Katie as well.  She got engaged a week after Jess to the one and only Jeff.  You may remember our first meeting and the Cinnamon Challenge...click here for more details.  Anyway, her and Jeff had also been friends for several years before they started dating and decided to tie the knot.  Katie is getting married in October at VA Beach and Jess in December in Asheville...AKA party time!  


 Beautiful Brides to Be!


Lauren+ Ash+Taylor+Jess+Katie+Amy

move back to the burg ASAP!


The Big Love Family, minus a few special people of course :)

We had a great weekend of traveling, spending time together, and celebrating!  Let the summer of VA weekend and day trips continue :)

2 comments:

  1. Love this!!! Thank you for being such special friends to me, Tay & Luke!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great article. I'm going through some of these issues as well..

    My page: colon cleansers walgreens

    ReplyDelete