Sunday, September 16, 2012

Family Beach Week 2012

Well, it has been awhile...since I last posted I started my new job, started my grad school class, started a new small group through our church, and am still finishing working at the Office Of International Programs as a practicum student.  So, I've been busy to say the least.  I am looking forward to things slowing down in 2 weeks when International Week (my last OIP project) is over!!

While I had a little downtime tonight I thought I would post some pics from my family beach trip this past summer.  So here is our beach week through Instagrams:

Happy to be together at OIB!!!

Just love the sky...

We like to rock the chins
Go figure...dad always repping the PACK!

Loving the Corn on the Cob

Ladies on the sand...You can tell I did not get as much sun this summer!
Sibs-I heart D-Reg
Sweet Luke!  I really love this picture.
My Family :)


I think this is the best "cousins" picture we have ever taken.  Luke didn't fall this year...so thats awesome too.

We had some great pics this year.  This is a pic of a pic because I do no t have the digital copy but please note grandma and Dereck to the left.  This whole picture perfectly represents the family.


Every year we plan a day of thrifting at the beach.  Although I am not sure we have ever bought anything at the "Thrifty Diva" we always stop by!  This year I drove Luke's car and when we went to leave the car would not start.  The steering wheel was stuck and we spent 20 minutes taking turns between grandma, mom, and myself.  We even rocked the car back and forth thinking the tires were stuck (it was sight to see!)...eventually we caved in and called dad and grandpa.  They came to help us and even grandpa could not figure it out.

About 30 minutes later, and after reading the car manual, dad tried to use the key to unlock the car and the key was not even unlocking it...then I realized I had been using the keys to my car, and not Luke's. So our thrifting day was still as fun and successful..but we had a minor pitstop along the way!  Makes life more exciting, right?!

Dereck, Luke, and I went to a beach bar one night!  I decided to surprise Dereck and sign us to sing his favorite childhood song "I Believe I can Fly."  It was embarrassing to say the least...

While Dereck and I were shopping at the surf shop...this guy headed over to Eagles for a red neck treat!

Kenna is a mini-me...purple Sigma Kappa sunglasses and a diet coke!

Heading to Beach Music in the park!

Mexican Train...favorite game at the beach!

 Wish I was back at the beach right now...until then..working hard so I can enjoy it even more when I do get there.






No comments:

Post a Comment