Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Bittersweet-ness at Rockbridge

OK, so I did not have the opportunity to BLOB at camp this time---dang I missed that on my bucket list. For all of you that love and appreciate the blob at young life camps, please check out this video, I loved it! But, I did have a blast spending time with students and staff the past couple of weeks.

I could not have been more blessed by Greek InterVarsity during my 4 years on staff: the supporters, the staff, and the students. My supporters have shown me what it means to give sacrificially and cheerfully. Other staff have given me role models to look up to--people who taught me how to pray, how to love others well, and how to share Christ with others.

And Greek IV students have given me honestly more than I can say. I always dreamed that Greek students would want to start a Bible study in their chapter or come to a large group (a place where being Greek and faith come together)- but I always thought it was just that, a dream. These past 3 years my students have showed me that it is a reality. I felt like there were so many times that I made bad decisions as a staff or handled something wrong, and they just loved me in the midst of me learning and growing. Through their commitment to God, I grew more and more in love with HIM. Through seeing them change and go through ups and downs, my faith grew. I just can't even explain what they have done for me. I have been changed through this ministry.

So, although it is sad to not be the Greek IV staff anymore, I am excited to what is ahead. I am pumped to see how God will use my past 4 years on staff as I move on to the world of student affairs. I am fully confident that the ministry will continue to grow, and that I will as well. Here are some highlights from my final weeks on staff with InterVarsity:



Greek bonfire: above is the new Community Gatherings Team, below Robbie and Ty are enjoying the somores!

Below: One of my favorite things about camp is being in the Good News Track every year. Jennifer and I have a tradition of doing an interpretative dance to 2 Corinthians 5: 14-21 (our memory verse for the week). Basically, it includes a lot of falling down (He died for all..) and hugs (reconciliation). This year I pulled my back...maybe I got a little to in to it?


JMU students at banquet night

Greek IV staff at Rockbridge. Love Dusty in this picture!


I was pretty pumped to get to throw up the ZTA crown sign! Love these ZTA ladies :)


Old and New staff coming together. I could not be more excited for Abby to come to JMU next year and continue this amazing ministry with these special people!

No comments:

Post a Comment