Monday, May 2, 2011

The Royal Wedding


I honestly did not realize how big of a deal the Royal Wedding would be! I mean, I knew Kate and William were getting married because I shamelessly read Us Weekly at the gym, and because of the constant status updates weeks before the wedding...but I just did not get it. Then I had dinner with my little (a wedding planner in Greensboro) and she convinced me that this was the event of the year!

I came back to Harrisonburg and somehow convinced the girls upstairs to watch the Lifetime movie about their love story with me. It was pretty cheesey, but I must say I felt like I knew them a little better before the big day.

So, even though I have a hard time getting up on a typical morning at 7:45...I was able to JUMP out of bed gleefully at 5:30 am last Friday. Jess and I got together with our coffee/tea in hand and watched the beautiful Kate Middleton get out of the limo and walk down that aisle. Her dress was beautiful and I loved it every second. However, we had a scary interruption in the middle of the ceremony...

I had told Luke the morning before that Jess and I would be watching the wedding in our living room but I guess he forgot. Around 6:15 he swung wide the door of our bedroom for what he called his "Royal Entrance" in nothing but his underwear. Jess screamed, Luke was shocked and I kindly asked Luke to go put on some clothes. We honestly thought this kind of thing would happen more living below 4 girls, but so far it has just been this once and boy was it perfect timing!!

After the great commotion, we continued watching the kiss and enjoyed hearing all about the fun that would be happening in the Palace.

Later that evening, Luke and I were going on a date. He brought home a princess tiara for me and flowers...he said with all this princess talk going on I needed to be reminded I was his princess. How sweet and incredibly cheesey--which is one reason I love him sooo much!


Ok, so I didn't look quite as good as Kate, but you know my flowers sure were pretty! It totally made my night and we had a great SUSHI date at Beyond :)

No comments:

Post a Comment