Friday, April 29, 2011

Summer 2011 Bucket List

I have big plans for this summer. I don't start my assistantship till July, and after May I am pretty much done with my job on staff with Greek IV. After finding a summer job of baby-sitting, yes I had to find a summer job as 25 year old, I started to stop stressing about finances and just got EXCITED for a fun, relaxing few months this summer. Once August comes my assisantship will kick into high gear and then comes classes for the next 2 years so I want to take full advantage of the months ahead. Check out my summer bucklet list and get ready for fun posts of my future adventures:

1. Do the blob at Rockbridge (summer camp with InterVarsity). I missed out last year, but I MUST do it again this year!

2. Set up two of my friends with each other, both of which will remain nameless. Love is in the air.
3. Memorial Day Weekend beach trip, lets make it a tradition.
4. Win the annual bacche ball tournament at the York family beach week. Grandma and I didn't do so hot as partners last time...
5. Luke and I want to make the "line-up" for making dinner at beach week. It is tough competition...
6. See lots of friends get married: Allison + Mark, Anna + Jordan, Chad + Rachel, and Ashley + Jake. I'll be sad missing out on the celebrations of Bekah + Bruce, Shelley + Charlie, and Kristin + Jon.

This dress is ready to make it's debut...

7. See my little bro graduate from Appalachian State!!

8. Get crafty.
9. Go to the Harrisonburg PUBLIC pool at least 5 times. The people watching there is unreal.
10. Skinny Pinks every Thursday night at Clementines.
11. Big Love Beach Weekend--I've never been to VA beach before!

Some Big Love ladies...

12. Celebrate sweet Katie's 30th birthday!
13. Go on walks at Purcell with friends and chat about life.
14. Luke and I want to go on a weekend trip to a bed and breakfast somewhere in VA.
15. Eat lots of corn on the cob.
16. Start running more again.

remember when I used to be able to run 13.1 miles?

17. Spend sweet time with God in the mornings.
18. Do something with pictures on my computer: photobook, print them, etc.
19. Hike and go camping in the national park.
20. Trivia nights.
21. Walk to Kline's with the house mates!
22. Work more at buying local food and produce (just for you Stace)
23. Salsa dance at the artful dodger.
24. Wine down on Wednesdays. A Greensboro tradition I'm still trying to get going in the Burg!

25. Start praying for my future classmates.
26. Win Mexican Train Dominoes at least half the time, win Nerts at least 1/3 of the time, beat Luke at Gin Rummy 100% of the time.
27. Move into a new place!
28. Finish all seasons of Alias (we are almost done with season one).
29. Watch "So You Think You Can Dance" religiously.
30. Girls' Trip to Boston! Stace, Linds and I just booked our tickets to go see Emily in June :)


31. Celebrate our one year anniversary--even though I have to work that whole weekend.


32. Finish the summer by seeing App State beat VA Tech in football over labor day weekend.
33. Volunteer at the first annual Harrisonburg Impact Camp: a mission week for middle and high school students from various churches in the area as they come together to serve our community!
34. Buy a car.
35. Help my sweet friend, Abby, move to the BURG!! She is the new Greek IV staff!



36. And of course, spend time with LOTS of family and friends, come visit us!!!



I could just keep going, but I need to stop...

Comment with any suggestions or additions to the list above! Summer 2011 here I come!!!





3 comments:

  1. I love number 25, 28, and 35 :)
    Alias is AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. come visit arlington; and host said arlington residents in the burg. both shall occur multiple times. so what, im greedy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this! ps - where did you get that amazing dress??!

    ReplyDelete