Tuesday, April 5, 2011

"You know I like my fish fried..."

...a cold beer on a Friday night,
a pair of jeans that fit just right,
and the radio up..."

Gotta love some Zac Brown Band! I must say I do love some good fittin jeans, dancin to the radio and an occasional cold beer on a friday night...

but today I will focus on my great love for fried fish. This is actually a newer joy of mine. I actually did not like fish at all until I studied abroad in Australia and spent the first night at a market where my only option for dinner was seafood. So I caved and had the BEST fried baramundi and chips in my life!! Still today nothing can top it...

So you can imagine the excitement I had when I heard that Grandpa's Ruritan club was having their famous fish fry on the same weekend I was planning to be in Raleigh for Brian and Luann's wedding party (which was fabulous). By the way, Luke was 10 times more excited than I was--he is a country boy through and through!

Grandpa was excited to see us all there! He has been a ruritan club member for a long time! And I am pretty sure he knew everyone there...he is an awesome grandpa and I am sure the whole community loves him!

Check out the healthy eating we did last weekend (not to mention all the BBQ and dips we ate late that night, oops):


Those hush puppies were just incredible! Melt in your mouth kinda good...

Wish we had a picture of all of us being ready, but this is all we got!

I took this picture right as I sat down to eat...notice I had already been nibbling in the line. It was just too good to wait for!


And to top it all off...


the never-ending dessert table! Have you ever seen a dessert table like that?!

Next time there is Ruritan fish fry in your neck of the woods, I suggest you check it out! It is for a great cause and the food is delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment