Thursday, April 21, 2011

JMU DUKE.

The word is officially out...yours truly is going to be a JMU Duke. I never thought that I would stay in Harrisonburg longer than my commitment with Greek IV (3 years). I certainty never thought I would become a JMU student. But there a lot a of things I have been wrong about in my life:

I said I would go anywhere on staff but JMU.



I said I would never marry Luke Logan (and oh how I love him).



I said I would never live anywhere but NC (sorry parents).




I said I would never join a sorority (haha thats funny).



And I am sure there are many other things I have said I would never do... but its funny that the things I have said never to are now some of the biggest blessings in my life. Had I really never gone on staff at JMU, or married Luke or joined a sorority I would have missed out on God's best for me.

So now I am leaving staff and this amazing ministry on campus that happens to have the coolest people I know... to pursue a career in student affairs. I am pumped for this new journey and what is ahead for me in the world of higher education as Duke. But, I hold on to this...I will NEVER root for JMU in football

.

1 comment:

  1. that last one will change soon enough- wait for us JMU in the championship game fall '11!

    ReplyDelete