Saturday, April 9, 2011

Dumplins or Dumplings?!

I had the opportunity to go and speak at UVa's Greek InterVarsity chapter this past week. And the lovely Miss Lindsay Thomas, one of the freshman girls in my small group, came along for the ride! Since she is a Charlottesville native, I thought we should grab a quick dinner at one of her favorite restaurants.

When she was describing some different places we could go to on the Corner (street with lots of restaurants, shops, etc across from UVa) one stuck out far above the others. There was a small place that you could go to and their main dish is dumplins. Of course my automatic thought was tht I was going to be walking into a a little southern cafe with a big southern woman with white hair (Paula Dean style) was going to be making chicken n' dumplins all day long...

much to my surprise, turns out the place was called "Marco and Lucas" and there were was not an old lady serving southern style dumplins. Instead, there were 2 small Asian men serving DUMPLINGS, not to be confused with DUMPLINS. And my oh my was it DELICIOUS!!!!

There were about 5 things on the menu: dumplings, 2 types of noodles, and a soup. Most people just need dumplings to fill them up, but of course I had to get sesame noodles too, and a diet coke (oops it was a drink 2 kind of day). The total was $7.00. And if I would have just gotten the dumplings it would have only been $3.00! Talk about a steal!

Check out this meal:




For the record, I'm not exactly sure what was actually inside of the dumplings, and after asking the UVa students about it it seems like no one really knows. But I just won't ask...

Lovely Lindsay enjoying her meal:

I'm so glad I found this place and plan to go everytime I am in C-Ville. I can't wait to introduce Luke to it, although he might prefer the Paula Dean type Dumplins with his southern taste buds.

No comments:

Post a Comment