Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Harrisonburg House Hunters





I am slightly (ok maybe really) obsessed with House Hunters on HGTV. It is my go to show when I just want to sit back and relax...I guess that is what happens when you hit your mid-twenties! In my teens years I loved a good afternoon of the "dating story" or the classic "Next" on MTV. Then in my early twenties I turned to "Say Yes to the Dress" and "Platinum Weddings." Now, I am on to the house shows...and avoiding the baby shows like the plague.

So, Luke and I are house/apartment hunting for a place to rent! The cellar has been SO good to us, but the girls we love upstairs are moving and let's be honest...we want a place with a little more sunlight and less drains!

On House Hunters each couple shares their "want list" and then they start the hunt, so I present to you the Logan Family want list:

  • downtown location (or a short bike ride away)
  • 2 bedrooms
  • 1-2 baths
  • dishwasher
  • laundry room
Not to picky huh?! The problem is the budget...there are tons of great apartments downtown but they are SO expensive! We would like to spend less than $750 a month on rent (I know shocker to some of you, the cost of living is so cheap in the burg!).

So pray for us and we try to find a place within the next month! Come on, Harisonburg, give us that cute little downtown apartment we have been waiting for...



1 comment:

  1. Ummm I avoid the baby shows two even after having two kids... too nauseating!
    Hey, I could get you in touch with our old renters and see if they have any places available- our place was a two bed, one bath, dishwasher, laundry room, front porch, bike ride from downtown, and under $750/month! Let me know!

    ReplyDelete