Saturday, March 3, 2012

Spring Break Plans 2012...

Well, another Spring Break has approached us. I was not sure I was going to make it with the craziness that this semester has been so far and 2 group presentations this week. But, Spring Break has officially begun! Sadly, this will probably be my last real spring break (I know those of you that have been in corporate jobs the past 4 years are laughing in my face). Next year during Spring Break I will be working on my portfolio (CSPA version of a master's thesis), so I need to take advantage of the week off! Turns out student affairs professionals DO have to work during breaks...lame.

Thinking about Spring Break has led me to reflect on some past Spring Breaks...

Like when Lindsay, Stacey, Emily and I mooched our way to Florida and Back. Our week was spent eating from a food bag, traveling, discovering we booked a hotel for the wrong the weekend so we had to call Stacey's brother's x-girlfriend and stay with her...wow it was insane. By the way, we still need to write a book on how to travel on a dime.

Looking really young and petite in Charleston in 2002...can you believe that was 10 years ago?! Feeling old...


Or, the time that we rented a house in Florida with 15 people. We drove through the night and I started seeing UFOs, then we had theme dinners and Ren, Chad and I secretly told everyone we had made our own Chinese meal (with duck) when really we got in from a China Buffet. And they believed us...

driving through the night...

why they rented a house to these people...I have no idea?


And then a few years ago I fell in love with Luke in the DR during SB. I am pretty sure my parents paid for that trip just because they wanted Luke as a future son-in-law. We were "VIPS" and did "whatever you like...yeah" :



And last year I was in St. Kitts with my entire family for Brian and LuAnn's wedding:

Wow, am I blessed. This year will not be as exotic and no one will be falling in love for the first time, but I will get to hang out with my mom & dad, and my grandparents for the week in Ocean Isle Beach. Our itinerary is as follows:

I will begin my SB at Megan's wedding at the Proximity Hotel in Greensboro and I am so excited to see them get hitched (finally!). Megan is one of my sorority sisters and her and Chris have been dating forever...I love them both and can't wait to celebrate:

Then I will drive to the beach with my mom and it will just be us for a few days. We will probably drink wine, go on walks and watch movies.

I am going to craft a fun present for a bride to be that will remain nameless.

Then my grandma will try to teach me the art of meringue. I promise I will come back with better looking pie pictures :)

And I am sure we will eat fried food, go to our favorite thrift stores, and maybe hit up Myrtle Beach for some shopping.

PURE BLISS. All while Luke is at home working...sorry babe! But thats OK because I come home on Thursday and then Friday we will do this...

the B&B

We have a hot date at Poplar Springs Inn (here's to groupon!) which will be our first vacation (1 night stay) alone since our honeymoon. We were planning to use it for our 1 year anniversary, but then I had to work! So we will stay there and do some wine tasting....

Fun updates to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment