Monday, January 3, 2011

Christmas Road Trip!

This year for Christmas, Luke and I went on one heck of a road trip! From Harrisonburg to Ocean Isle Beach, to Cary, then on to Greensboro, then back to Cary, back to Greensboro, Kernersville, the back to the Burg! Thank goodness for books on tape! So, here are a few highlights from our road trip down south.


First stop, OIB with my family! We basically ate, watched tv, and played games. It was truly blissful! We also celebrated our family Christmas, and this is the only picture I have from the whole week. Dereck's Christmas presents to Luke and I...alcohol...shocker. But it is not very often that Luke and I treat ourselves to nice and wine and gin, thanks D-REG!


Next, we headed to Aunt Dee's for a brunch with Brooke and Matt! This was a new tradition given that Brooke and I would not be able to spend Christmas, or the day after Christmas shopping together! It was wonderful getting to see them while sipping on mimosa's and eating Brooke's delicious breakfast casserole! We are just getting so domesticated :)

Onward to my first Logan family Christmas for Christmas Eve. Of course all the pictures of that night are Lila...again...shocker. She is just WAY to cute, especially with her new purse we got her! Complete with a pink cell phone, lipstick, debit card, and mirror!


Christmas morning we geared up and headed to my grandma and grandpa York's house! It was weird not waking up there and having our annual "stair picture," but I am just grateful we were able to see everyone! We ended up staying the night and waking up to a beautiful white wonderland of snow! As pretty as it was, I was mad that we had to miss our early morning shopping. But, thankfully Grandpa came to the rescue and used his personal baco to clear the road and Luke faithfully (but hesitantly) came with me to South Point for a few hours! What a great husband!

Then it was time to head back to Greensboro! We spent the week hanging out with friends! It was a blessing to all be back together again. Here is some of the crew from wine down Wednesday (a tradition I miss so much and hope to start here in the burg...any takers?)!


Stace and I also went back in time and spent the afternoon at the Children's Museum. Never thought I would go there now that my field tripping days are over...but we saw the body exhibit and then strolled around the petting zoo. I must say they have made vast improvements since I was last there!

Add ImageAdd ImageAnd, what is a Christmas break without getting together with my Sigma Kappa sisters! As always, we had a blast spending time with each other. These girls are incredible and I miss them so much!


So our first married Christmas was a hit! Lots of road, great friends, and way to much food!

No comments:

Post a Comment