Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Shells and Bells

February 26, 1961



Happy anniversary Grandpa John and Grandma Becky! This past weekend we went down to Ocean Isle Beach to celebrate the happy couple with our family. It was so much fun! My mom did an awesome job decorating the house and because she has to have a theme for everything (now you know where I get it from) she called it Shells and Bells.

Before the celebration began, the bride needed some beauty rest with her twin sister, Routh.


Grandpa and Grandma got married in the courthouse 50 years ago and never had the chance to have a "real" wedding with a cake all the fun festivities...but this past weekend they had their second chance! I love this vintage wedding cake, and yes it tasted as good as it looked!

Speaking of vintage, my mom found these classic and fun 50th anniversary glasses at the local thrift store--for 25 cents each! What a steal, and they looked great!

Shells and Bells? Here you go! Gotta love the gold and silver HUGE bells with all the beautiful shells surrounding them. Once Grandma saw the set up she kept on commenting on my mom's decorations saying "I taught her well!" It's true--mom and Grandma will always have the best table arrangements!


Aunt Dara and I though the party needed another pair of twins...

Aunt Routh and Grandma Becky are looking good as always (have I ever told you I really want twins?) Fun fact: Luke's grandma also is a twin!


It was so neat to spend the weekend hearing stories from Grandma and Grandpa's early years! We played a game and I found our their first date was at a drive-in movie! Also, the first thing Grandma noticed about Grandpa was his height, but Grandpa noticed Grandma's basketball skills (not only was she most popular her senior year, but also most athletic).


Mom insisted that her shoes got in a picture..opps I forgot to wear shoes myself!

The whole gang!



We had a wonderful meal, and also enjoyed the slideshow I made! Grandpa and Grandma, thanks for teaching me so much and loving me so well. You guys are the best!

1 comment: