Thursday, December 15, 2011

Thanksgiving Part 1: Register Family

We spent most of our Thanksgiving in Greensboro with the Logan clan because Luke's brother was in town all the way from Colorado! But, we did have the chance to spend Thanksgiving afternoon with the Registers and we had a blast as usual.

Many of you know my cousin, Brooke. She is one of my closest friends and we have been calling each other "Twin Cousins" ever since my grandma got us our first set of matching dresses when we were toddlers. She started the trend of Brooke and I calling each other before every visit making sure we had a matching outfit for each day. Also, every year for Christmas we got an outfit from each of our moms...and this continued till around high school. Some of my favorite outfits included:

  • a complete turquoise set from limited too: turquoise shorts with ruffles, turquoise tank with flowers, and a turquoise scrunchy and socks of course! i am pretty sure i would still be wearing this outfit if i could fit into it...
  • a lovely silk button up shirt that we wore with black jeans (i think?). i am pretty sure this one showed up in both of our school pictures.
  • jean dresses. duh.
  • a tribute to America outfit...complete with American flag shorts and navy shirts from limited too (we wore this while performing "I saw the Sign" at Hilton Head Beach)
  • teal dolphin shirts
  • matching hats. pins. etc. earrings. etc.
Man I wish I had pictures on my computer of all those amazing outfits!

The funny thing is, we did not really look alike back then. But, the older we have gotten, the more similar we look! For example, on Brooke's wedding day we were all getting ready in the country club and one lady came up to me and asked why I kept on changing out of my wedding dress..oops I was not the bride, just the MOH!

A couple months ago we went shopping together and both found a sweater we loved and decided to get it. Also, it happened to be the perfect Thanksgiving sweater, so we decided we would bring the twins back in action for the holiday season. We tried to act like we did not plan it; however, we could not lie for too long.

The best thing about this whole thing...Luke and Matt actually did match and did not plan it! Down to similar shoes and everything...it was perfect!



More pictures taken in our back yard!



Doug, Dee, Brooke, and Matt--we missed Brian and Luann!

A more recent tradition for the Register family is my dad doing something to remind Brooke and Matt that N.C. State beat Carolina in football (for the past 5 years I think). The first year, he brought out red and carolina blue cupcakes with the score on them during dessert. He also had the game playing in the background when they walked in (he had recorded it). Last year we were at the beach so he sent a text message with the score written out in seashells. This year Brooke and Matt got a special delivery before lunch:


Maybe one day they will have the chance to surprise my dad with something! Until then...go State!

All the ladies looking good!

Our family has so much to be thankful for and I am looking forward to seeing everyone during Christmas. Also, I wanted to send a special shout out to Grandma Reg who has been struggling with her health a lot lately, I love you and I am thankful for you!

1 comment:

  1. Love it Taylor! Makes me think of my cousin Andi. We're the same age and also liked wearing matching outfits. I have pics of my 13th birthday of us wearing sunflower shirts and jean shorts:)

    ReplyDelete