Friday, December 2, 2011

DIY FRIDAY: Thanksgiving Addition

I know it has been awhile since I have had a DIY Friday. That is what happens when you are constantly writing papers and trying to finish up your first semester at grad school. Hopefully all my hard work will pay off soon. Luke told me if I make all A's he will take me out to Taste of Thai. I asked him if I got $20 for each A like I used to get (or something like that) when I was a child....but considering we are living off his income so I can go to school, I'll take that as a no. haha. Anyway, back to DIY FRIDAY.

This blog features my mom's beautiful arrangements she created for Thanksgiving this year. Her talent amazes me. Below is the only contribution I made to our decorating for the day:

Yep, that's a turkey I made with my hand. It's pretty terrible.

The materials you need for these arrangements:



  • sticks

  • walnuts

  • sticks with berries (formal name unknown)

  • green leafs

  • the round, green, sticky balls you find laying on the ground that smell good (again name unknown, 5 points to the person who comments with the correct name)
And from that random assortment that can be found on any farm, or even the side of the road, comes these beautiful and festive arrangements:






We had a great Thanksgiving break and I cannot wait to post pictures of all our fun adventures: going to Ohio for a wedding and to visit friends, holding my new niece, meeting a friend's new baby, seeing family and friends...it was amazing! More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment