Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Thanksgiving Part 2: Logan Family

After eating a big lunch at my parents' house, we headed to Connie's to see more family and eat another awesome meal. Of course Princess Lila was there with her new outfit that Amelia gave her...!

Before loading up on dinner, Connie wanted to have some family shots while Jake was in town. This was the only one I got on my camera...the new family of four:

Yes, Evan looked that good 2 days after she had Amelia! She is a superstar!

Three special guests were in our midst: Grandma Sue and Dick, and Jake! Grandma Sue and Dick came up from Myrtle Beach, SC and Jake was here from Colorado. It was great for them to meet their new granddaughter/niece and hang out with all of us.

Jake even cut the roast for us...complete with outfit and all!



love Evan!

After dinner, Lila and I did a little dancing for everyone...apparently she loves her headband so much, she wears it every day. It came from her snow white princess outfit :)

The rest of our time with the Logans was great! Connie and I spent a lot of time together. We shopped, walked, ate great meals, and she even taught me how to paint:

Yes, I painted that. I have not attempted to paint since I was in art lessons in elementary school. The fact that I could paint something like that is a testimony to her amazing teaching abilities. She calls it "follow the leader." I picked out a painting I liked, then she painted it with me, showing me where to put what strokes, colors, etc. My painting is on the right, the one we copied was in the middle and her's is on the left! Pretty cool huh?!

Connie does that with at her studio and calls them "painting parties." Groups of people will come in, have dinner/wine and walk out with a painting! How fun is that?!

Our last night we had a great dinner at Sushi Republic with Jake and Connie. It seriously has the best sushi EVER and I have been craving it since I moved to Harrisonburg. It was delicious as always, and afterward Luke and I went out to meet some of our friends.
Stace, Em and I hung out at Speak Easy, which has become our favorite bar in Greensboro. They have a great outdoor area with music, heaters, and cornhole! It was so great to see these two ladies. Stace is about to move to Portland, and Emily and Andy are all the way in Boston...so our time together was short but sweet. Linds, we missed you! By the way, Stace and I did not plan to match...

Our siblings even came out with us...I cannot believe they are all grown up!


I just love these people and am so thankful for them.

Overall, Thanksgiving was great and we enjoyed our time in NC. On Sunday we headed back up to Harrisonburg...and spent two weeks studying and writing papers! I am so glad it is all over and all my hard work paid off! STRAIGHT A's!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment