Thursday, May 24, 2012

Lisa's Bachelorette Party

 It was honestly a perfect weekend for this beautiful bride to be and all her fun girlfriends!  Picture this:  beautiful home in Charlottesville, ideal weather, yummy wine, fun night out on the downtown mall, and just laughs!  I had a great time celebrating Lisa's "last fling" before she gets married to Brandon (or as I call him, B-deck) in June.  Remember there cute engagement story?  Check it out here.

 Look that cute bride!

We started out the weekend playing cornhole and catching up in the back yard.  Macfie and I won after a very long round...but I must say she carried the team! 


 Spirit Fingers!  By the way, these pics are from Lindsey Goggin who is one of Lisa's sorority sisters and a great photographer.  

After eating a great meal we got in our PJs and watched Bridesmaids.  It was the third time I have seen it and it just gets better and better...

The next morning we had Chickfila...yes!  And then headed out for the vineyards.  We rented an excursion...which Katie, Lisa's 5 foot sister, drove.
Our first stop was Veritas Vineyard.  It was a beautiful location and we had a great tour.  Because I was driving I did not get to taste much of the wine, so I definitely have it on my list to go back to in the future. 




We packed a picnic and hung out for awhile.  It was so fun to catch up with everyone and get to know a few of Lisa's friends who I had heard so much about, but had not had the chance to spend a lot of time with them.




 The MOH was tired from all the planning!

 OK not the best pic of us, but it was the only one I had so I had to post it!

After Vertias, we headed a few minutes down the road and went to Pippin Hill, a new vineyard in the area.  The views, picnic areas, and tasting rooms were some of the prettiest I have seen.  Again, I did not taste a lot of the wine, but the glass of chardonnay I had was fabulous.  I need to come back here soon!





 The whole group form left to right, back to front:  Lisa (AST sister), Lauren (friend from home), Liz (JMU), Macfie (AST), Jenna (AST), Amanda (JMU), Leslie (JMU), Lindsay (AST), Bride, Me, Katie (sister)

 the bridesmaids + the bride

After the vineyard we had a great SURPRISE lingerie shower back at the house.  It was so fun, as always...then we got ready to head out on the town.  We ate dinner at a great restaurant on the downtown mall, followed by a couple fun bars.  
 

 Of course we made her do ridiculous things like ask a guy for his sock...

 And hula dance (not be confused with hula hooping, haha Lisa) with a guy with a Hawaiian shirt on.  Pic is blurry, but memory was great!



And then we actually found someone with a hula hoop out on the mall...how fun!  Its never every day you see a bride do the hula hoop as well as Lisa.  She is a pro!


 I was sad the weekend was over.  We had a great time and it made me even more excited about the fun ahead in June.  Lisa is such a special friend to me and I am so glad she and Brandon are tying the knot.  Its funny...Lisa and I always talk about how we feel like we have known each other for 10 years...but it has only been 4.  What a special friendship!









13 comments:

  1. Nice article!! You know dear I just got back from my best friend’s bachelorette party. It was an outstanding bachelorette party I have ever had. He had reserved outdoor Chicago event spaceo for this party.

    ReplyDelete