Monday, May 14, 2012

a new me!

I am writing this without worrying about HW, exams, writing papers, grades, balancing working 30 hours a week plus take 4 graduate school classes.  I am writing this after I just worked and got home at 5, went to the gym, made dinner for my husband and watched two episodes of Friday Night Lights (new obsession!).  I am also writing this after spending a great weekend with my girl Lisa and her bridesmaids at some vineyards...I am writing this feeling like a new person and like I am a empty nester of my "grad school child." I know my mom friends probably hate that comparison, but I do feel like earning this degree is my child right now, haha!

I can't remember the list time I had TIME...and I feel great.  Sure life is still stressful...but it is nice to be able to deal with that stress instead of continuing to pretend it does not exist so I can function in school.  I am so thankful that I have this AMAZING opportunity to go to school and I absolutely love everything my program, but this break from classes is nice!  I will be working a lot this summer, but I can come home and actually make dinner for Luke...it had been awhile. 

Today I saw my supervisor and she told me I looked like I had more life and energy...here is to God's goodness and grace for this break! 

No comments:

Post a Comment