Monday, November 8, 2010

"He has taken me to the banquet hall, and his banner over me is love"

This past weekend I went on the Grace Covenant Women's Retreat and it was such a GREAT weekend. Spiritually, the Lord really spoke to me and revealed himself to me in some areas I have been praying about all semester. Socially, I had an amazing time connecting with the women in my home group.

At church we take communion once a month. This is a time for you to remember who God is your life and what Jesus has done for you. I love communion at church but the communion we experienced this weekend was just amazing. We talked a lot about the verse in Song of Songs 2:4, "He has taken me to the banquet hall, and is banner over me is love." And instead of traditionally going forward and receiving the bread and wine, there was a huge banquet table set up that you could sit at and just feast, remembering who Jesus is and celebrating what is he doing in your life. I loved it and hope to picture this table every time I take communion...as if I am sitting in the presence of God and feasting on his love for me.





One of the biggest blessings during Luke and I's engagement and marriage has been our home group. We absolutely adore our Wednesday nights with men and women! There were 5 women from our home group that came on the retreat and we had a blast together.

On the left is Debbie, our fearless leader and she knows EVERYTHING. You could say she is like our spiritual momma! Then there is Kate and she was Stacey's roommate in college and now a great friend of mine. She has the gift of creativity and hospitality (her and her husband invited me over for my birthday dinner when I had just moved here and had no friends). On the far right is Corri who is by far the most fun and sparkly person I ever met. She is also a blogger and I recommended checking it out! Her and her family are so cute, click the posh blog on the right. Not pictured in Tonya. Her and her husband, Tommy, are our co-leaders and have the gift of great endurance (physically, spiritually, mentally, relationally, etc). And Rachel could not make it on the weekend but her and Adam are newly weds also and are really fun to be around!



P.S. you know you have a cool home group when all of these items are packed and accounted for :)



One last thing, this is picture if proof that we have the best home group leader ever...here's to you Deb! Handing out prophetic words, looking good and sipping on some wine.



Thank you Lord for a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. you sure it wasn't a wine tasting weekend instead?

    ReplyDelete
  2. TAYLOR - amazing! you have inspired me to recap the weekend (at some point). maybe i will just copy and paste yours ;)

    ReplyDelete