Friday, November 19, 2010

A Second Chance?

Well friends, it is true...God is a God of second chances! If you take a look at my past posts, you will find one called "Not exactly Julie or Julia." Well, times might be changing! I out did myself in the kitchen last night and I just knew it could be "the night" so I took pictures along the way.

I got a recipe from my mom that she had made before and I loved it, so I thought I could try...and lets just say it far exceeded my expectations (not that they were super high to begin with). I mean I guess you cannot go to wrong with the ingredients: shrimp, feta cheese, roasted red peppers, garlic, and scallions....YUM!








The night started out with a nice glass of white wine...well Luke chose to drink milk but I made him drink it out of a wine class to go with our elegant dinner in (see picture on the right).














A little side to go with: roasted asparagus! A little olive oil, salt and pepper, it does not get much better! Just watch out, your pee smells for days after a few bites of this stuff...but definitely worth it!












Here is the finished product, including some homemade Red Lobster cheese biscuits!



And the result of a good dinner at home:

A happy husband and empty plates! We both ate two good helpings :)

So, if you are like me and a little slow in the kitchen and need a good, easy recipe to impress your friends and family, here you go:


12oz jar of roasted red peppers
one bunch of scallions chopped
3 to 4 cloves of garlic chopped
1 1/2 half lbs of shrimp, peeled and de-veined
2 Tbs Olive oil
Kosher salt and pepper
8 oz feta cheese
Drain the peppers and cut into 1 inch pieces. Combine onions, peppers, garlic and Shrimp add 2 Tbs oil, 1/2 tsp pepper and 1/2 tsp salt. Mix together.
Place in baking dish and top with Feta. Make sure Feta is on top.
Heat oven to 400. Bake until the shrimp are cooked through and the Feta begins to brown, about 20 minutes. Serve over pasta.


No comments:

Post a Comment