Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Wedding Blogs: Nathan & Amy

One thing I loved to do when I was engaged was look at photographer's wedding blogs to check out the newest trends! But, what captivated me so much were the stories behind each of the pictures and getting to know the bride and groom through looking at pictures of their wedding.

So today I am going to pretend to be a wedding photographer's blog, although my pictures do not do it justice, but enjoy:

Luke and I had a bast at Amy and Nathan's wedding this past weekend. Our first Harrisonburg wedding was everything we dreamed of and more (haha). It was really cool to mark another "first" as we embed ourselves in the community of the 'burg.

Last year I lived with Amy in Big Love and she always was a breath of fresh air to me! She is fun, spunky, creative, and beautiful...which were all things that were reflected in her wedding. We also love Nathan because of the way he makes us all smile and the amazing ways in which he shows Amy his love for her!




The beautiful barn they got married in! The weather was a little chilly...but the day was amazing!





Amy was walked down the aisle by her precious dad! I first met him when Amy moved in. We painted her room (now my room) green and then he bought us buffalo wild wings...he won my heart from the very beginning.

I also loved what her dad said when Nathan asked him for his permission to marry Amy. It was something along the lines of, "I'm glad she found a man of God like you but if you do anything to hurt her you will meet God sooner than you think..." Or, something like that.





Check out the sky during the ceremony!



They served apple cider and hot chocolate after the ceremony to warm everyone up before heading into the reception!







The wedding also served as a Big Love reunion! Jackie came back in town and it was so much fun to all be together again! Holly, we missed you and can't wait for you to visit sometime soon!



I love that weddings in that your worlds tend to collide in the strangest of ways! Luke and I both hung out with Cliff in high school (and followed his band All Who Pass By), but have not seen him much since college. We arrive at the wedding and there he is doing the music for their wedding! Turns out Cliff and his wife Laura are good friends with Nathan and Amy as they serve on YL staff together! It was fun to see him there!

We were delighted to be a part of their special day and are looking forward to another Harrisonburg wedding sometime in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment