Monday, December 6, 2010

And the Countdown begins...

Well, it has been a goal of mine for years, I've trained for twice and never done it...but this Sunday is the DAY!

I am going to run a half-marathon. 13.1 miles.

Way back in college my junior year, I signed up for run the VA beach Rock and Roll half with my cousin, Brooke! I started the training...and then Brooke realized she had sorority recruitment the same weekend! 3 years later, I commit to running with one with my old roommate, Lisa, in Leesburg, VA and then Emily Rowe decided to get married and her bachelorette party was the same weekend (which was so much fun by the way).

So now, the question is, "Will I make it this time around?!"

I have almost completed the training with running 10 miles this morning, I've iced my knee and taken lots of pain medicine for my back throughout this process. The only thing holding me back is the potential of bad weather: the forecast for Sunday in Greensboro calls for a high of 49 degrees and 50% rain. Please, God, make the rain go AWAY!




The goal for Sunday: I just want to make it...but I would love to be able to run it under 2 hours and 15 minutes (that is running 10 minute miles).












Join me in prayer as the countdown to Sunday begins...I can't wait to mark off that last box :)

1 comment:

  1. Im so excited for you to run and fall in love with running races so you will agree to do a full marathon with me! Good luck, gu up and have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete