Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Balls

Luke and I decided to have our own Merry Married Christmas (in the words of Krystal) last Saturday. It was so much fun.

The morning started with me waking Luke up way too early for a weekend...I just get so excited about presents!! I was singing Christmas Carols and could hardly wait for him to make us coffee before opening them!

The day before I let Luke open one of his gifts early. It was snowing and he was complaining about not having water proof boots as he was about to shovel the driveway...so I caved and gave him his present: water poof boots. So, he only had one present to open! But, I had made him a scrapbook from our honeymoon, so he was pretty excited about that!Luke's big present to me was a Northface backpack!! I LOVE it! My old one had holes in it and paint all over it--it was about time! And, it is even JMU colors! No, does that not mean I am suddenly a JMU football fan, Lisa.
So now to the balls.

Luke and I really wanted to "specialize" in a treat to give to our friends during Christmas this year. Well, considering neither one of us are exceptional bakers--we went for balls. PEANUT BUTTER BALLS. Chocolate, peanut butter, sugar...I am mean you can't mess that up. And, we didn't!! They were delicious!!!


After getting the balls all packed up and ready to go...we went out and about in the small town of Harrisonburg. We mapped out a route...and hit the road! We were delivering for about 3 hours--and only 2 people were there when we showed up-sad! The cool thing I realized was if I had gone out and around Harrisonburg the past two years--that trip would have taken me maybe 30 minutes (not too many friends to hand balls too), but as Luke and I settle into the burg' we actually have friends this year! Praise the Lord :)

Afterward, we treated ourselves to nice appetizers at Clementine's and dinner at Union Station (thanks to gift certificates!)...followed by renting a movie!

What a fabulous Christmas it was. Here's to a merry married Christmas...and the 4 more "Christmases" we have to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment