Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Thankful for Family

Here are some more family shots from Thanksgiving...I am so thankful for each of them and the role they have played in my life. As each year goes by, I think I grow more and more in love with them (those both new and old). This year was especially neat as Luke and I joined our families together.







Grandma Sue and Dick.












What an incredible couple! They have only been married for a few years now and they celebrate their anniversary every month...their love for each other and the Lord is so contagious. Grandma Sue is Luke's grandma (his mom's mom) and Dick is his step-grandfather.

Cute family shot!

Lots of people to be thankful for below:

Connie (Luke's mom with black shirt on the left) is full of life and energy and passes it on to others. Luke is the most precious gift God has ever given me. Dereck (beside me on the right) is my little brother and easily makes people feel at home--he is also really cool. Then there is mom who would drop anything to help her friends and especially her family--she is also super trendy and cool for a mom. Dad takes care of people really well and gives sacrificially, he also one of the most selfless people I know. Grandma Becky (mom's mom), well I named my dog after her as a young child, so clearly I love her. She is beautiful and her faith in God is really admirable. Grandpa John (mom's dad) is strong, determined and loved by many people! Uncle Kent loves to capture beauty through photographs and loves my grandma really well. Grandma Register (center) raised 3 boys and must be really patient to have kept up with my dad! She also cared for my grandfather really well before he passed away.




Meet Lila, my niece!















We got to spend sometime with her in Greensboro after Thanksgiving! I am thankful for her for a lot of reasons as well. She is first of all, really cute to look at and play with. But also, she is great to have as a "baby fix" for a short period of time...then I can just hand her back to her mom and dad!

I don't have an actual picture of Evan and Matt from the weekend, but I am very thankful for them as well! Matt is a real loyal and loving brother towards Luke and he is really easy to be around. He also knows everyone in Greensboro! Evan, is just the best. I really feel like both her and Brooke (my cousin) are the sisters I never had. She is a cool mom and just a great friend...even though she is the crazy one that talked me into running a half marathon. haha.


Well, Thanksgiving is over...but I hope that we can continue to give thanks throughout the year!

p.s. I am also thankful for YOU and the fact that you are reading my blog. More followers please!

No comments:

Post a Comment