Thursday, November 10, 2011

Courtney's Wedding

We had a great time at Courtney and Matt's wedding 2 weeks ago in Winston-Salem. But first I must mention how productive Luke and I were on our day off. We got up Friday and between the hours of 8:30am-1pm we managed to: read our Bibles, work out, pack for the weekend, pick up my car from the shop, shower and get ready for the rehearsal dinner, and got new drivers' licenses (if you ever have the chance to see Luke's you should...it is the creepiest thing I have ever seen). For those of you that never saw last license picture, which I lost, mine this time is much better (although it is still pretty terrible)...but at least I do not look like my brother this time. Anyway...

then we headed all the way to NC to spend the weekend celebrating. There are only a few weddings left in our Sigma Kappa family, so we have to make the most of them. By the way, I apologize ahead of time for the amount of pics in this post... I just could not stop!

Anyway, we started the weekend with the rehearsal and dinner (Luke I got lost for an hour on the way to the dinner...) and then headed to Anna and Jordan's house for an adult sleepover--which are the best!!! We had a great time staying up late and talking and then
waking up to an amazing breakfast that Anna made..


It was so nice to have a relaxing Saturday because we did not have to be at the ceremony until 2:30. We watched a movie, went on a walk, ate a lot of food, and got ready...just like we were living in the SK house again. Oh how I miss those days...

Then it was time to head to the wedding which was held at Winmock Barn. The barn was just renovated and opened sometime this summer. It was honestly breath-taking beautiful....


There was no need for a program, they had these cute chalkboards outside of the room that shared information about the bridal party and order of events.

I mean check out these ceilings and the amazing job the florist did to create such an intimate, natural and beautiful setting for the wedding. I was honestly shocked with how amazing it looked.
We had to take some couples shots of course!


Jessica, Lindsay, Amy, Anna, Katie (not pictured) and I all had various "jobs" to do for the ceremony.

p.s. the dress I am wearing is from Good Will and the shoes are from a consignment shop I found at the beach...talk a cheap find and a perfect dress for a fall wedding!

We snuck in and found the groom!

It was my first time reading at a wedding and of course I had the longest passage ever!! But, at least I did not fall when I was up there which I dreamed about the night before...

By the way, I HATE the way my bangs split like that...does anyone have ANY suggestions?!

After the ceremony, it was time for the cocktail hour, and as always the guys hung out together. Luke loves spending time with them and it is funny to see how each of them has (or will) take turns at the altar...first Josh, then Michael, Luke, Jordan and more to come :) RIGHT?!

Amanda, my little, was there and it was the first time I have seen her since she got ENGAGED!! She is getting married to Justin in September and I cannot wait to celebrate with them!




Courtney pays so much attention to detail...even down to the forks! How are cute are these?



Me and the bride! I just loved her dress....

a blast from the past....I have not seen Pat or Kevin since graduation! It so much fun to get to see them and catch up.



The bride and all of her SK sisters....



The whole night ended with a surprise a horse and carriage ride to their hotel! How magical :)


Congratulations Matt and Courtney, I love you both!

No comments:

Post a Comment