Sunday, November 13, 2011

the incredible Mr Clean- er Logan

And now for an important message brought to you by Taylor's significant other: That's right, Luke is back on the blog!


When it comes to household cleaning, three personalities come to mind: The Brawny paper towel man, with his brawny muscles, mustache, and signature flannel; the pine-sol lady that interrupts housewives with a better-than-your average cleaning experience that leaves your diningroom smelling like a softwood forest; and Mr. Clean, the bald man with the earring. Though I have hair, and do not have an earring, I would say that this guy is most like me because I cannot grow a mustache like the brawny guy, and am neither African-American nor woman like the pine sol lady.


I say that because Taylor is incredibly gifted in the way that she makes others feel welcomed in our home, and one important part of that is having a clean home. She actively pursues many relationships and has a way of helping to make our house a comfortable place to visit for any of our guests throughout the week. This is something that I am thankful for over and over again.
Even though Taylor has been busy playing the role of the hottest/most fashionable girl on the JMU campus, having a clean, welcoming home at the end of the day is not far from her mind. It stinks. There just arent enough hours in the day to take care all of the household duties and still have time to have people over a few times a week to entertain. Naturally, Tay gets frustrated that her husband isnt the Brawney man.

After a few disagreements about cleaning duties, I decided to do something. Who would have thought that 3 crumbs on the counter top would count it as unclean? In my mind, it takes at least 8 crumbs on a counter for it to be declared unclean! Anyways, in order to surprise her after one disagreement about the "clean" status of our house, I went out of my way and scrubbed the mess our of almost every surface of the house. Well, it worked. She loved it. The problem is that the bar has been set pretty high about what cleaning abilities I am capable of. So, one thing that I have learned is that if Taylor and I disagree about something, I start impulsively cleaning the house. I have learned that no matter what Tay and I might be disagreeing about (This week it was the Penn State scandal), things will go much easier in the Logan house if it is met with a swiffered floor, clean sink, and emptied garbage can.

That is why I am the incredible, Mr. Clean -er, Logan.





1 comment:

  1. Dear Luke. Let's make a deal, yeah? I love many aspects of cleaning. I quite enjoy doing dishes, washing windows, cleaning mirrors, folding laundry,and (sometimes) cleaning bathrooms. So, if you want, I can come do that for you and you can do my job or something (we can figure out the details later). Sound like a plan?

    ReplyDelete