Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Full Fall Weekend

Every year I turn down my nose at "fall people." To me fall means the coming of winter, which means bulky clothes, ugly shoes, being cold and paying too much for heat. I tend to overlook the good parts of fall that others enjoy like pumpkin spiece lattes, pumpkin icecream at Klines and pretty leaves. But, I must say my excitement for fall has increased as of recently.

I think it has a lot to do with my new fall wardrobe. Yes, I went shopping at the outlets a couple of weeks ago and got some awesome deals thanks to some help from my grandpa and dad who provided the funds to dress this poor grad student. It is amazing what some new tights, pants that fit you (see post on the love layer), and cute skirts to wear with boots can do for a person's attitude. And, I got to experience it all with my mom and cousin Brooke.

After showing off my new clothes for a week, I embraced a fall weekend for the first time in many of years. It all started on Friday when we made carmel apples at work for all the RAs and HDs. Not just any carmel apples either, we also rolled them around in delicious treats like crushed oreos and reeses...they were to die for!

Friday night Luke and I got to the chance to meet Brooke and Matt for dinner in Staunton because they were in Lexington for a family trip. OK that does not have much to do with fall...but afterward Luke and I went and partook in sam adam's pumpkin ale at a cute bar downtown. I am usually not a big pumpkin ale fan, but it was awesome!

On Saturday evening, we had friends over for Luke's homemade BBQ and then headed out to FEAR FOREST!! It was a blast to say the least. A few highlights:

1. People watching in a field for over 3 hours (ALL kinds of people show up to fear forest)
2. Luke leading us in the wrong direction TWICE which meant we were in dark, confined spaces that were not mean to be walked in (aka scarier than the confined spaces we were supposed to be in).
3. Apologizing to the scary people for screaming too loud in their face.
4. Sharing the fun and nightmares with cool people.

I also must admit the only way I survived the haunted school bus, children's play house, haunted trailer park, etc was screaming, laughing and looking down. I heard it was quite entertaining.

The only picture from the night:

Sunday morning I hosted a brunch for the girls I supervise at work which was so fun and full of lots of breakfast casserole a scones. Then I headed to the pumpkin patch with Kate and Charlie to pick out some pumpkins. I think this was my second time ever going to a pumpkin patch and it was so great!






After much searching and debate, Charlie finally found the perfect one for him:



On the way out we ran into this cute bunch!


So, that my friends, was my first full fall weekend in some time. Don't get too crazy though, I did not dress up for Halloween (I was at work all night), carve my pumpkin, or decorate my house with cute fall items. Maybe that can happen next year?

No comments:

Post a Comment