Friday, October 29, 2010

Halloween

Today I have the day off. I woke up this morning and instead of doing work, I immersed myself (shamefully) into the one and only facebook while enjoying my cup of coffee. One thing that is new on facebook is the old pictures that pop up on the right that said "you haven't seen this picture in awhile" or something like that. Anyway, this morning, in due time for Halloween again...I found myself laughing very loudly by myself at the picture that popped up.

A little background, Stacey and I are the queens of themed parties. Anytime there is an event to be in costume for...we go above and beyond. Here are some glimpses of past theme parties...

Last, 2 years ago Stacey and I as Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen at the Valentine's couples party...

3 years ago at the muder mystery party, "Murder at the Juice Joint."

This was Stacey and I's costumes at Emily's freaky Friday party our senior year of college...



So, you can imagine my surprise and horror when this picture popped up on my facebook this morning....


Yes, Stacey and I actually thought it would be funny to go as "Double Bubble" to a Halloween Party at bar in downtown Greensboro. Now, due to other events that evening (Adam's wedding) we had little time to prepare and execute for our outfits...but still WHAT WERE WE THINKING? We looked ridiculous. I am still embarassed when I think about it.



Everyone else is wearing cute and well thought out outfits...police officer, Dorthy, Howard Stern, Chiquita Banana even! And I am wearing a pink bathing suit top with pink pants, a pink visor, and a pink freaking Vera Bradley bag.



This year I will not fully be celebrating Halloween, but for our Tuesday night dinner this week (Fall themed) I did give lady gaga a go...and thought about and executed my outfit in 10 minutes. It worked out and gaga did her thing! So here is to leaving past mistakes behind and moving ahead...




1 comment:

  1. hahahaha man. definitely not our finest moment. I had forgotten that the reason our costumes sucked SO badly was b/c of Adam's wedding. At least we have a decent excuse.

    I am so ashamed of myself in that picture with Drystan... (um what was he by the way?).

    Also: is the lady next to you in the bottom picture supposed to be Lady Gaga????? I'm pretty sure I've ever seen her as a soothsayer.

    Lastly: Your blog is awesome.

    ReplyDelete