Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Not exactly Julie or Julia

I think it was last summer that the movie Julie and Julia came out? I thought the previews looked terrible and never saw it, but from what I hear it was a pretty good movie. Anyway, I know it is about Julia Childs starting her cooking career and what not. Well, I am here to say that I am not the next Julie or Julia.

A lot of my friends have been embracing their 20 somethings to become good cooks and get creative with their meals. Specifically, my friend Linds. Everything she makes is phenomenal! And she only recently figured out this gift about 3 years ago. Anyway, I try to be a good cook...but lets be honest for the most part...I'm just not.

2 nights ago I tried to make one of my favorite meals to order at restaurants, chicken marsala, for the second time. It sucked. The chicken was awful and the sauce was bland. It was so bad I had to take a picture of it. Not exactly what I was going for...

Side Note: Luke, my amazing husband, ate all of his. I think he felt bad for me because I really wanted it to turn out yummy!




Here is what it should look like:







But just to prove that SOMETIMES I make a decent meal, I thought I could share some pictures of when my family came in town last weekend. Luke and I worked in the kitchen together and all and all--the meal was pretty tasty! We even used our new china and cake plate! True Southern bell style. Hope you had a great birthday, mom!





p.s. if you have a good and EASY Marsala recipe...send it my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment