Sunday, February 6, 2011

2:00 fix


Let's just say things have been a bit crazy in my life lately. February is always the busiest month for work with Greek Conference...but this Feb seems to be more crazy than ever. Without going into all the details, I was so stressed out and overwhelmed last Wednesday that I, Taylor Logan, forgot to drink a diet coke.

So, for those of you that know me, this is a HUGE deal. Pretty much every day since I was 18 I have had a diet coke (from the can, duh), specifically at 2:00 in the afternoon. "Why 2:00," you might ask? Well, I have coffee and breakfast around 7:45 am, lunch close to 12:30, but you need something to get you through to dinner time! 2:00 is the perfect time for diet coke and a small snack to carry you the rest of the day.

The only exception to this was last year when I gave us diet coke for lent. How?! The grace of God.

But, Wednesday's stress level totally threw me off. I didn't eat lunch till 2:30 because I forgot (also a big deal if you know my appetite). Then around 5:00 I went on a quick walk with Jess because I needed some light and air before I went crazy (cellar=dark) and all the sudden my head was beating constantly...and I realized that I had forgotten my 2:00 pick-me up!

You might also ask "Why out of a can?" Well, there is nothing like the taste of cold and crisp diet coke, and in my opinion a dc out of a bottle is just sub par (although Aunt Dara might disagree). The fizz and the crispness just isn't there in the same way.

Anyway, pray for me. I used to tell my friends in college, "Don't be stressed, be blessed!" I guess I need to follow my own advice.

me + diet coke on wedding day

2 comments:

  1. This really is a big deal for you! Like me without my coffee... I'm glad you made it out alive.

    ReplyDelete