Sunday, February 13, 2011

Surprises

This past week I had two days in a row full of surprises. This is a big deal because I can only think of a few times in my life that I have been fully surprised. I think the most surprised I had ever been was when my parents gave me a car when I was 16. I answered the door bell and a car was sitting on the front lawn. I was also pretty surprised when Luke and I got engaged...but for some reason I still had an inkling of an idea somehow. It drives Luke crazy. Any time he plans a date, I know where we are going. When he buys me something, I know what it is. I think I get it from my dad who has guessed every present I have ever given him.

Anyway, on Thursday I was invited to JMU's Fraternity and Sorority Life Awards Banquet. I have been an adviser for Sigma Kappa here for a couple years. The past two years, we have not won any awards given by the University. This year was quite different! We won almost half of the awards given out! Including: Most Improved Chapter of the Year, Outstanding Philanthropic Event, Outstanding New Member Program, Outstanding Sorority President, Outstanding Executive Officer, and Living the Ritual award. It was so fun to see all the girl so excited!

Luke even go to come with me! But first I had to "lay down the rules" and tell him how to be cool. I mean this is Greek Life...and these are Sigma Kappa ladies. I must say he did fairly well even after he told me I "clipped his wings" (Modern family reference for all you fans out there).

The following day Luke had planned a fun date night. He wouldn't tell me what we were doing, where we were going, etc. I assumed we were doing to dinner and maybe to a play in Staunton, or something along those lines. We started heading toward Bridgewater and made the comment "This is close to where Adam and Rachel live," a couple from our home group. The next thing I know we are pulling in their drive way and "SURPRISE" the guys had planned a Valentine's Day dinner for all the ladies!

We had wine spaghetti (spaghetti cooked in red wine), tomato/basil/mozzarella, salad, and a wonderful cake. The guys also preformed little poems for each of their wives-it was sweet to see how each one was so unique. Here are a few pics from the evening:





Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment