Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Misspelled Words

Funny, I had to look up how to spell misspelled as I wrote the title of this blog.

I just need to vent. I get SO frustrated because I always misspell the SAME WORDS every time I write an email, paper, newsletter, etc. In fact, I misspell them so badly that the "spell check" never suggests the words that I am trying to spell. And here's the thing: I am actually decent at spelling. But for some reason there are a handful of words that I can NEVER get right.

The word I ALWAYS (without a doubt) misspell is definitely. I always try to spell it as defintly, which spell check thinks is defiantly.

Other words that I can never get the first time: February and Commitment (I always get confused if it is double m or double t)

What would we do without spell check?!

I only wish that there was something similar to spell check when it comes to pronunciation. Turns out I had been mispronouncing words that start with acc my whole life, only I just found out about it 2 years ago.

Friends, if someone is mispronouncing a word...let them know.

Turns out God really loves me and wants me to pronounce words correctly. I have made 4 close friends that are speech pathologists in the last few years! Thanks for helping me learn how to say words like: accessory, acceptable, accept, etc...

OK that's all...what is your most common misspelled word?!


No comments:

Post a Comment