Sunday, February 27, 2011

The Beiber Experience

Luke and I had a day date today. We were planning on going to the King's Speech but then Luke kindly asked, "Do you think we could go see the Justin Beiber movie instead?" I laughed and said, "sure." So after we had a terrible lunch at the new "Fusionz" place downtown...we headed to the theater.

I've never been a huge Beiber fan...until today. In fact, I never knew about him until a friend showed me this youtube video and I had to ask who Justin Beiber was (only a year ago).

The whole experience was hilarious. We walk in and see tons of little girls with their moms. I am sure all the moms were thinking, "Oh look at how sweet that husband is, I am sure his wife dragged him here." Little did they know the Beiber fan was not me, but my dear husband.


Right away I knew something about this movie would be different. There were not any previews for movies dealing with scandalous affairs, dirty humor, etc. In fact, the first preview was the new straight to TV movie, Lemonade Stand?! Followed by the one and only POWER RANGERS movie (again straight to TV) preview. Then, there was a preview about Prom, from the Nickeloden studios. I honestly forgot they still produced movies--the last one I saw was Good Burger, which I must admit I enjoyed!

Anyway, the movie began and Beiber Fever hit me cold in the face. I mean this kid was so cute and humble. And no I do not support kids idolizing and worshiping pop stars...but I could not help but feel the pure joy and excitement of all the little girls screaming and crying over him. My favorite quote from the movie was a little girl saying, "I think about Justin Beiber 99% of my day." haha.

Watching all of the girls, who were more than likely at their very first concert, made me think of my first concert and how far along things have come. My first concert was none other than Reba Macentire on the Read my Mind tour. Now don't get me wrong, Reba is awesome (haha Stacey) and her costume changes were wonderful...but it was not quite like the Never Say Never tour, and I didn't even see it in real life.

I think Reba and Justin only have one thing in common, their obsession with their hair. Check out these red locks from the early 90s.


So, I am not going to lie. This movie made me a little emotional and I got the chills more than once. Even Luke walked out of the theater saying he almost cried a little. So, whether you are a Belieber or not, the movie is worth watching. I think he is the next Michael Jackson. Just sayin'

3 comments:

  1. Josh has Bieber fever too..

    I love y'all! so glad I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK let us recap on this whole Reba thing real quick:

    mental image: taylor and stacey sitting in a movie at age 25. a preview for something like Step Up comes on, and stacey sighs audibly in light of Channing Tatum's amazing dancing, acting, soccor-playing, looking-hot skills and ask taylor who her celebrity crush is. taylor states with conviction: REBA. nope -- not brad pitt, zac efron, or even the totally acceptable zoey deschanel girl crush -- but REBA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahaha this is awesome!
    i officially want to see the movie now :)

    ReplyDelete