Monday, June 27, 2011

Beidler Below Boston: Part 3 (Cambridge and Little Italy)

I think our day exploring Cambridge was my favorite during our visit to Boston. We decided to ride bikes over to the area because there was an awesome food/music/art festival going on. I was quite nervous about the bike thing. Being a country mouse, even walking in a big city is hard with all the crosswalks, traffic, etc...so riding a bike would be a challenge! Luckily, Emily and Lindsay ride a lot and were able to help me along the way. I got the easiest bike and the best helmets were given to the two without health insurance (me and stace, haha). No worries parents and grandparents, I'm covered now :)

Anyway, we biked along the Charles River and it was so much fun!



During the Festival I wanted to eat Bostonian food, so I had a Lobster Roll and boy was it DELICIOUS.


And as always, I had to have something sweet after my meal. All day I was walking around seeing people with a chocolate covered strawberry stick and I HAD to have one. Too bad it was not good. I got tricked because the strawberries were frozen...and the chocolate was not so great either. Dur.



After exploring the festival we went on Harvard's campus and walked around there. The whole time I was thinking about The Social Network. The highlight was seeing the dining hall. It was MASSIVE and looked like a church. There were statues of important people lining the tables. It was also cool to see a University that so many influential people in our world had attended...I felt smarter even being there. haha.

It was good luck to touch the shoe of the statue of the first Dean of the University.


"Take a picture of me looking smart in front of the library." Don't I just look more intelligent?


After exploring more of Harvard and Havard Square, we headed back to Alston and had yet another free wine tasting across from Emmi's apartment. Later that night, Emily treated us to an amazing meal in Little Italy. Afterward, we headed to Mike's, a famous place to grab a Cannoli. I wasn't sure if I would like it, but it was really tasty! Then it was off to a cute bar where we hung out and laughed together. We even watched the news and danced at the same time. Also, we may or may not have started a conga line.












No comments:

Post a Comment