Thursday, June 9, 2011

Where in the World?

So, in the middle of the amazingness that was Big Love's Beach trip...I lost the keys to the beach house. Not just one key, but also the key to the elevator, storage closet, golf cart, etc...

I remember putting them in my beach bag right after I locked the door to the storage closet before going to the beach. We came back from the beach and they were no where to be found in my bag. So I thought either someone stole them while we were on a walk or they are somewhere in the sand when I took my towel out of my bag.

Meg and I begin the search. We look in everyone's bags, all places in the house, around the house, along the path we walk on the beach...and even all in the sand. We thought the keys were heavy enough that the water would not wash them anywhere--but the tide was high and we could not find them. Meanwhile I am freaking out because I really wanted to show my parents I could be responsible as a 25 year old :) I lose sleep thinking about it all night (am I paranoid or what)?

Next and last day we get up and head to the beach...all the girls are looking along the path for these darn keys. We search the beach and ask others if they have seen them. No luck. We stop a police guy and ask him...no luck. Amy even shouts (loudly) to a creepy guy with a metal detector..."Metal detector guy help us find some keys!" Meanwhile I am thinking my parents are going to kill me because they are going to freak out and think someone stole them and then I am going to have to pay for them to change all the locks...

Finally, I call my mom even though I was hoping to avoid that. Turns out she was not as mad as I assumed she would be, thank goodness! But, the keys are still lost.

Later than evening, we were all getting dressed up for our night out. Per usual I was starving after a day in the sun and needed a snack with my glass of wine before dinner. The perfect snack? Gold fish. I start eating some (they were delicious by the way) but realize that there are not many goldfish left (dang it) but the box felt full. I pull the bag out of the box to find those hiding fish and there are my keys....

So, they did not get lost in the ocean but the fish were keeping them company! Turns out I had that goldfish box in my bag at some point during the day and didn't think to check there for my keys. Who knew?

The mystery was solved, but the funny thing is...I left the keys at the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment