Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Beidler Below Boston: Part 4 (The Final Day)

Sick of Boston pics yet?! I'm not...

I cannot believe I have not posted about Emily's new love and best friend in Boston, Phoebe. As soon as Emily moved up north, I got a phone call from a cat shelter asking if Emily would be a responsible and loving cat owner, and I honestly could not thing of any one better for the job than Em. After years of listing future cat names and dreaming about them at night, Em finally got her own cat! As most of you know, I am NOT a cat person, but I must say Phoebe was sweet and I'm glad she takes such good care of our friend.


Em loves cats so much she had to stop and take a pic of this one on blades...

Anyway, our third and final day began with another bike ride through some cool neighborhoods in Boston on the way to the Fine Arts Museum. We even had the chance to see where JFK was born...such a cute house and I absolutely loved all the beautiful houses on this street.



After having a delicious lunch (I had fish tacos!) we continued on our way to the museum.

I'm not much of an art museum person, but I must say I thoroughly enjoyed seeing the special exhibit Chihuly exhibit. He created all this glass artwork and it was amazing, in parts of it I felt like I was in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.


After spending a couple hours in the museum, we headed back because Stacey had to catch her flight. Meanwhile, I went and met my good friend Jill for dinner by the harbor.


Jill just graduated from Gordon Conwell (where Luke is taking classes) and is currently the Director of Admissions there. I met her when we both worked with the youth at our church in Greensboro one summer. She is a great friend and it was a joy to see her and hang out while we had yet another great meal (I had the best clam chowder in the world!!).

On Monday morning Emily, Lindsay and I all headed out early. Em had to head to work (doesn't she look thrilled?) after a tiring weekend of hosting and being a tour guide, while Linds and I went to the airport (no troubles this time). We had a blast and writing these posts has really made me miss these girls and want to go back to Boston sooner than later. Next time I want to take Luke with me so he can experience everything too.

Hope you guys enjoyed this Bostonian adventure :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you got to see Dale Chihuly's artwork in person. He's my fav contemporary artist and his work can really only be enjoyed in person(o:

    and by the way, I read your blog, on my own(o:

    ReplyDelete