Friday, June 17, 2011

Lisa + Brandon

So much to catch up in the blogging world...but before anything else gets posted I must update you on the fun, amazing, perfect engagement that I had the joy to be a part of this past weekend.

Here is the quick back story: I meet Lisa briefly while she was a senior getting Greek IV started at JMU. Within one meeting, we decide we should be roommates (when you know, you know) as she was staying in Harrisonburg for graduate school and I was going to be on staff with Greek IV at JMU. We become close quickly and she helped me survive my first year in Harrisonburg--it would not have been the same without her. Also, I met her boyfriend. We also fell in love at first sight. Even though I have only known Brandon and Lisa for 3 years, I feel like they have been in my life forever.


Anyway, about a month ago I get a phone call from Brandon. I was filled with so much joy and excitement as he shared that he was ready to pop the question. I also felt so honored and pumped that I was going to be able to be a part of the whole process. Is there anyway I can do this professionally by the way?

So, the best way to tell this story is from the Bride to Be's version...with my interjections as well:

"i had previously planned to take off work on friday and head down to harrisonburg for the weekend for a few reasons 1. to visit my dear old roommate taylor (and her fabulous husband luke), 2. to go to the jmu football season ticket reseating event on behalf of my dad, and 3. to see my newly married gal pal jill on her and her hubby's beautiful staunton farm.
after a late-night thursday arrival, friday began with picking out my family's season ticket seats in the new jmu stadium. can i just say that this thing is giant-normous?!

tay & i walked around town just chatting and enjoying the weather (i love soccer mom walking, its a favorite hobby of mine!), saw a movie, played banana grams (another favorite), packed a picnic and went to fridays on the square (picture this: country band, picnic baskets, wine, card games, & great friends). OK, I just need to say that we had the BEST talk about marriage, the future, her and Brandon, etc on this walk around Purcell park. She was talking about how much she loved him how she would wait forever for him to propose because she knew he was the one, etc...it was so hard to keep a straight face as I knew it was going to happen TOMORROW. and she had NO IDEA.

i even picked up a salvaged furniture find on the way home- well luke picked it up! we had made plans to go to the farmers market saturday am before i left for staunton and one of tay's friends had 'conveniently' asked her to pick up her paycheck for her on campus. So, I wake up and feel like it is Christmas morning. Words cannot express how excited I was to be "santa's helper" in this huge surprise. Also, my friends told me that Lisa would not want to be get engaged in gym shorts so to make sure that did not happen I put on a cute dress before we went to the farmers market. So I did and it worked. She saw me in a dress, and decided to put on a cute outfit too! cue full on engagement story beginning....

as luke, tay & i walked from their house up to the quad i commented how there was literally no one around. we walked up the steps of wilson hall and i remember stating "this is where i first met brandon. in that room off to the left." insert Like almost started crying and me sweating like crazy hoping this will work. after unsuccessfully trying to get in to wilson hall (decoy), taylor tries to divert my attention to a guy + dog walking up the quad (my response "cool" and i moved on). 2 more attempts and she tells me she thinks i know who that is and that i should go over and say hi. puzzled and completely confused i start walking down the quad (with some pushing from luke). about half way down the quad i realize that it is brandon and look back and tay/ luke for confirmation but theyre gone (hidden away & already snapping pictures of what is to come). completely flabbergasted to see brandon in front of me in harrisonburg (because he had been telling me for weeks that he was playing in a charity golf tournament that day in northern va with ryan). at first i thought he borrowed a dog to come visit. he tells me to look at the dogs collar. it had our monograms on it and the date on one side and "will you marry me?" on the other. at first i didnt see the big question and just thought he got us a puppy (total excitement). but then while i was squatting down playing with the littler furball, brandon got down on one knee and asked me to be his wife while holding a beautiful shiny ring (insert overwhelming joy and complete surprise)! Brandon's idea of the puppy was perfect because they had been talking about how they wanted a dog together forever! Lisa had never had a pet and had always wanted one!




It was so cool to see all this happen. We were standing in the breezeway connected to Wilson.




out pops taylor and luke (planners and decoy extraordinaries) after more pictures with jmaddy, phone calls to family and some friends, we had a perfect afternoon of picnicing on the quad as a little family of 3. taylor had prepared appetizers and champagne back at their house to continue the celebration, then it was off to joshua wilton house for dinner while the logans babysat our little furball, who we named tucker."



I kept on kidding with them that even though Tucker was their baby born out of the wedlock I still loved and supported them...haha!!


james madison was in on the secret too

me and the bride! her bling was beautiful!!!

Brandon and Lisa, we love you both and could not be more happy for what is to come for you and your new family.

1 comment:

  1. aww logans! yall are such amazing friends who we both love so much! i am so thankful that yall were a part of such an important day, i couldnt have imagined it any other way! xoxo ps thanks for being the paparazzi too!

    ReplyDelete