Monday, October 3, 2011

Big (mini) Love Reunion

Anyone sick of hearing what I do on the weekends? Sorry 'bout it.

Three weeks ago (yes, I am behind) we planned a last-minute Big (mini) Love Reunion. Mini because not everyone was there, but much there was plenty of love to go around. It was fun to embrace all our old Harrisonburg favorites and traditions since everyone left me behind for bigger and better things (OK maybe bigger because lets be honest the burg is small, but probably not better).

Jess came in on Friday night and of course we found ourselves at Clementines. Yes, I am aware that there are other restaurants in life but I just can't get enough. Per usual, I got the avocado burger, Luke got the mushroom burger and Jess got the turkey bacon avocado. The night could not have been more perfect for the following reasons:

1. Juan was our waiter
2. Fall seasonal beers were on tap
3. A Beetles cover band, Abby Road, was there and they were AMAZING


4. Jess got hit on by our next door neighbor who she happens to know and hate. After calling her "adorable" 20 times and asking her to dance, she declined the offer and then told him she would be staying with us (beside him) for the weekend. She woke up to a FB friend request (duh).

5. I got to wear my amazing beetles inspired shirt (consignment marc jacobs!) and brightened up the scene...i mean that shirt is bright!


Saturday morning Jess and I woke up and went to Starbucks to get our first pumpkin spice latte of the season and it was delish. Then we headed downtown to the farmers market and the new consignment store downtown, Duo. I got the cutest leather jacket for $30 bucks! Remind me, I need to do a whole post on my recent consignment and thrift store finds...I have a new hobby ladies and gents!

After downtown, the rest of the gang showed up (Amy, Sarah, and Meghan) and we went to Pennybacker's for lunch. Which was kind of a surprise given our last experience there on the 4th of July. We had soups and diet cokes and fun conversations.



After lunch we went to Dayton Farmer's Market for some Mennonite loving. We each had to get some of our fave items including: cinnamon chocolate chips, whole wheat shells, sunflower seeds, popcorn, etc. Somehow we were also able to adopt a fake baby...how you can do that in a Mennonite store I have no idea?!


I also told Jess I would do this to a certain person who will remain nameless if I ever see him again...


AKA don't mess around with my girls!

Then it was time for the one and only Mexican Train and we played all 12 rounds. Somehow we managed to not let Meg win (she wins every game) and then we had a delicious meal of stuffed shells with plenty of good wine to follow. We talked about things like: a foreign man who sleep talks, scary stories of frozen clowns, and tattoos. We asked questions like: What type of person cleans up amniotic fluid? And, if anyone ever been electrocuted? I then shared my story of being electrocuted while mounting a Christmas deer while wearing a bathing suit in the snow...


Then it was bed time, shortly followed by morning time when we all went to Mr. Jays for a wonderful bagel and coffee. We ended our weekend by worshiping at Grace Covenant.

What pure joy it was to have these people back in the Burg and I cannot wait for it to happen again!

1 comment: