Tuesday, October 11, 2011

CSPA Introductions

My CSPA family and Dr. Juhan (our awesome professor from APP STATE!)

According to some in my program, CSPA stands for "CAN you PLEASE SIT my PUPPY ANDY?" but what it really stands for is College Student Personnel Administration...which is the graduate program I just entered.

I realized I have not had the chance to formally introduce everyone in my cohort on my blog yet, so here goes nothing:

Taylor: Also known as Boy Taylor and is the creator of the acronym above. He is from Kansas and has implemented K-State Wednesdays where he wears K-State apparel to our class. He is hilarious and you will typically find him making fun of the way I say "really?" and southern accents. He also has a super cute dog (Andy).

"T" stands for Taylor

Candace: The former SGA president of JMU and knows everything JMU, including the bus route which she has to explain to one of us on a daily basis. Also, she almost got caught on fire from the birthday candles on her cake this weekend...


Cody: Cody's desk is next to mine in FYI. We have a game that anytime we are together and see someone we know we get one point, first to three wins.Earlier today he was winning 1-0; however, I just swept up 4 points and won! He also special ordered JMU chuck taylors that are purple and gold for homecoming. They didn't come in on time. Make delicious homemade mac and cheese...yum!

Kristin (our supervisor) and Cody at the chili cook off!

Ryan: Most likely to be found wearing boat shoes and he considers the coast of NC to be Heaven on Earth, but can you blame him? I once saw him in the dining hall and just stole a fry from him without asking, but he forgave me. I love his southern hospitality and the way that he is funny without meaning to be.

Maggie: Gives the saying "Southern Twang" a whole new name. Her and her boyfriend, Craig, are too cute. They both came to Harrisonburg for graduate school (he is getting his masters is pyschology) from a small school in Georgia, Mercer. She also worked at camp on the Okie Fanokie swamp (how do you even spell that?!)

Craig and Maggie on our the right, Kelly on the far left and Emily in the middle

Marcus: Loves all things Miami and will always throw out a "whooo whooo" when anything Florida related is mentioned in class. He is engaged to be married in May, so although I am the only one married, he is almost there, so we can relate! During our first meeting he mentioned his fear of fish even though he is huge, strong guy! He graduated from Bridgewater College.

Kristin: Picture Snookie or any other girl on Jersey Shore and Kristin is the exact opposite. She is the sweetest Jersey girl, and maybe be my first and only friend from NJ to be honest. Her and Luke bond over corny english teacher jokes like, "Whats the difference between a common and a cat? A cat has claws between its pause, and a comma puts a pause after a clause." I don't get either...but they love it.

Kristin on the left, Candance on the right

Greg: I think he is the youngest in our cohort and he joins us straight from Frostburg University in MD. He hates dealing with students' parents and makes AMAZING chili which he entered into ORL's Chili's cook-off (I think it was the Heineken that did the trick). He also is responsible for almost catching Candace on fire.

Kelly: Kelly is the first person I met in our cohort. We fell in love last semester while meeting at Cinnamon Bear for lunch. I am currently teaching her how to drink socially (haha) after she forgot she met my husband (who she called my boyfriend) one night out. She is a philly lady and so much fun to be around. Also, I love her posh business attire.

Twins!

Adam: Adam is one of the quieter ones in class, but when he says something it is brilliant. He was born and raised in the Burg and so easy to be around. The first time we met I was working FYI and helped him make M&M door decs, they were amazing.

Emily: A fellow blogger from Kentucky. I am hoping to go see the Kentucky Derby with her some day. She is super sweet, despite what her students in the counseling center say. She also picked me up and took me to grad school orientation when I locked myself out of the house one morning...so nice!

CSPA ladies plus Ayssa and Aliana (CSPA second years)

From left to right, back: Maggie, Cody, Kristin, Candace, Emily, me, Taylor, Andy, front left: Greg, and Kelly.

A few weeks ago, I had everyone over for a wine and cheese party. We had a blast. It is such blessing to spend 12 plus hours a week with people you really enjoy and learn a lot from. I am glad they like me even though I am an old (nickname, Old Taylor) married woman. Funny, in college I always played the role of the young single friends...my how the times are changing!

And even if they aren't in the cohort, I had to add the sweet Abby and Luke who joined in on the fun at the wine and cheese:




No comments:

Post a Comment