Friday, October 21, 2011

DIY FRIDAY: Jewlery Display

I know I missed last week, but that will make this week's so much better! When you are a doer like my self (do it yourself) you have lots of things going on all at once...and sometimes blogging takes the back seat.

Now, this project is as easy as 1-2-3. I have had several friends do different versions of this, but as you will see, I took the easy way out. All you need are some cute necklaces, picture frames, and nails.

I have lots of jewelry and every time I move it is hard to know exactly what to do with it. This time around I thought I would display and have the pieces that I wear the most on my dresser, and then put the pieces I wear occasionally in my closet (which I must admit, I forget about most of the time). So to do this, I took some frames that Luke had and just nailed them on the wall, then picked out my jewels, and hung them on some nails in the frames. See, it is easy, useful and a great piece of art!


Also, I got the earring holder at TJ Maxx which was a great find. Then I used some cute bowls to hold more earrings and bangles. I love them!

I also did a little DIYing to the dresser in our room. We found this beauty at good will in Harrisonburg (along with the majority of our furniture BTW) and just cleaned it up a bit with some new hardware (my fave is stuff from anthro of course). The handles on their before were nasty brass so we just went to Lowes and put those on there and it makes it look great. I think that new hardware can change any piece of furniture!


Sure, its not pottery barn or anything...but who can afford that anyway? Also, as I mentioned in my last DIY FRIDAY, please ignore the carpet. It is the thorn in side as good ol' apostle Paul once stated.

I guess now would be a good time to admit that I am a cup hoarder. People hoard a lot of things: animals (yikes), dolls, books, trash, clothes, etc...and I hoard cups. I have to have a sip of water every night before I go to bed and then I like to drink the rest of it when I wake up in the morning (maybe I am OCD too?). I typically forget to bring them back downstairs, so I end up with lots of cups on my dresser. I think my record is 8, but this morning before I took the pictures I had to move 4 cups away:

Luke hates my hoarding cup habit.

Anyway, I wanted to thank one faithful follower, Evan Logan, for pinning my last DIY on her pintrest boards! Thanks for making me feel famous.

Up next time...what to do with an old pantry found on the side of the road....

1 comment:

  1. bran hoards cups too! that will be a thorn in my side when we're married. me and luke will have to start a support group!

    ReplyDelete