Monday, October 17, 2011

ESFJ.

Yes, i have fallen into the temptation of becoming a "Myers-Briggs Person." I took the test for the second time today and am officially a ESFJ. Surprise? No. In fact one of the prominent characteristics is that they socialize excessively. Helloo...

I have an example of this that I would like to share.

The Logans were in town to visit a couple months ago. We went out to dinner at The Local Chop House in the bar area. I saw a cute couple sitting in the couches beside us with JMU shirts on, and of course I had to strike up some conversation.

And I did. This little "hello" to the cute couple in JMU tees turned into a 30 minute conversation of pure bliss. Here are some details about them:
  • The girl is in grad school at JMU for OT and the husband works in town (aka me and Luke)

  • They decided the LOVE Harrisonburg and want to buy a house here. They never thought they would live in the burg...(sameee)
  • The girl lovesss wine and works at cross keys (chardonnay= 2nd love)

  • They are getting married in December (newly married friends, yay!)

After having such a fun convo with this cute couple that shall remain nameless because I can't remember their names, I turned to Luke and told him we should get their numbers and have them over for dinner. He politely looked at me and said "no, you shouldn't." At first I thought he was kidding and then he looked at me straight in the eyes (mean teacher look) and said, "you don't need anymore friends."

What? My husband is putting limits on my friendships?! Apparently, yes. At first I was appalled, but as i began to think about it I realized he was right. I can hardly keep up with the sweet, loving friends I have now. I must slow down and enjoy the friendships I do have. But the ESFJ in me secretly hopes that the mysterious couple finds this blog and then we can do dinner. Or, maybe I should look on missed connections on craigslist and make sure they have not written about me. Remind me to blog about my missed connections obsession/past at some point. Also, having them over for dinner could mean cross keys hookups--heck yes!

During class today when we were learning about our personality types, Kelly pointed that extroverts are EXPANSIVE...hello 11 bridemaids and 3 honorary bridesmaids (just like pringles, once you start you can't stop). I just love them. I like to expand (not literally)...where's the fun in maintaining?

Also, I thought it might be fun to share some potential jobs for ESFJs, can you picture me as one of the following:
  • A massage therapist: funny one time Luke told me to just stop when I was rubbing his back. I'm just that bad.
  • Elementary school teacher: haha is that a joke? i would DIE.
  • Athletic coach: I always did have aspirations to be a HS cheer-leading coach. And then I was one and had to call the cops for a girl fight on the bus on the way home from an away game...sometimes dreams do die.
  • Home Economics Teacher: Anyone remember the keylime pie night?
  • Flight Attendant: shoot me now to have to wear those terrible outfits
  • Funeral Home Director: yikes.
  • Cosmetologist: I'm still scared to pluck my own eyebrows. I have been relying on good friends to pluck my brows for me since college. To this day I only get them plucked when I see one of them. Too bad they all live in NC.
OK so those were the ones that were a big surprise, but there were also some ones that I think would fit me well...counselor, minister, sales, public relations, etc.

I must add that I married a ENFP. His description fits him perfectly..."They Give Life an extra squeeze!" It is so true! I love that about him, even though he hates that I am constantly analyzing him via the myers-briggs out there.

So, my question for you tonight is: What is your personality type?!


6 comments:

  1. INFP. Tell me what you learn about me :). I remember reading in college that potential job for an INFP is a "garbage man" so that made me feel real good about my future... I love that you and I are completely opposite haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. ENFJ - and I thought we were the same! Consider me disappointed...
    I am kinda surprised that you are an S but I guess I can see it. I love that Luke is an ENFP - they are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ESFJ- twins. And it took me 5 years to pluck my own brows too- you can get the courage, I'll teach yah! ohh pringles...

    ReplyDelete
  4. ESFP - but I was close to the middle for a few of them. Just called Jeff to ask what he was and he's an INTJ. Interesting we don't have any letters in common haha. love the post:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ENFJ! But you know this if you read my blog hahahhaa. I LOVED the part about your possible careers, so funny! Also, Luke totally commented on my status the other day about how he was going to stab his eyeball with a fork if he heard anything else about Myers-Briggs LOL so hilarious. You two are so made for each other based on your personality types though, so there is some value to it Luke! hahaha Love this and love you Taylor!

    Oh, also, totally hoping that you meet that couple sometime LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. T - I love this post for so many reasons. You know the psychologist in me so enjoys the personality test reference. Miss you & your extroverted loveliness. - J

    ReplyDelete