Monday, January 16, 2012

I Hunger for more Games...and more Dawsons


Yes, the Hunger Games. I FINALLY finished the last book even though I started the series this summer. I read the first book in 2 days, the 2nd in 2 weeks, and the third...well grad school started.

By the way, if you have not read this book, do not read the rest of this post.

I LOVED each and every second I spent getting to know these lovely characters. I loved the stories, the drama, the fighting, the love, and even the politics behind everything...I just loved it all. It was the best series I have read in a long time. The best part?


Katniss ends up with Peeta!!! Ahh...thank goodness! I was going to regret reading the entire thing if she ended up with Gale. There was just something about their sweet, genuine and sacrificial love that made me love them together so much! It made up for the fact that Joey did not end up with Dawson, yes I am still bitter. I think its funny that I was both a Peeta and Dawson fan considering they played opposite roles.

Hunger games is to Dawson's Creek as Katniss is to Joey, as Peeta is to Pacey as Gale is to Dawson. That probably made no sense to you. But, what I am trying to say is Gale and Dawson played similar roles--best friends forever, secret feelings for each other, etc. And Pacey is like Peeta who came into her life later, became friends, swept her off her feet, but always had to fight off the best friend. So, in Dawson's I pulled for the BFF, Dawson, but in the Hunger Games I pulled for Peeta. Interesting huh?!


And then there is Katniss and Joey...the girls who play mind games, can't decide what they want, and have all the guys running after them. Damn those girls.

Well, if you were expecting an intellectual review of this book you did no get it. But, I will leave you with two things:

1. I cannot wait for the Hunger Games to come the theater! A lot of fans in my cohort have already planned on the midnight showing!

2. Will a Dawson's Creek Reunion show please happen asap?! By the way if you did not know this about me, I have every season of Dawson's Creek and vowed to watch it in its entirety every other summer for the rest of my life. This summer is my on summer and I just got butterflies thinking about it (no joke).

1 comment:

  1. Taylor! I don't know a lot about the hunger games series but I love me some dawsons creek. I have read on perez hiltons blog (a very reliable source) that this being the 10th anniversary since the finale (say what!?) there are whispers of reunion! I too have the entire series. :)
    Fellow loving dawsons fan-
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete